Sunday, March 27, 2011

One week down...

Sorry, I can't get this to format correctly. Please enjoy. Wow, we made it a whole seven days. I will admit it was a bit hellish at times but we pressed on and today we, yes we, are all feeling better. A~ is eating like crazy and having better bm. K~eats at least 2 bowls of soup at each meal and is learning to like her veggies. I have even noticed that her speech is more clear. H~The mopey, lethargic attitude has disappeared!! She ate a bowl of soup at dinner all by herself (up to this point I have had to feed it to her). Today my ferments were done so everyone had a tea spoon of kraut juice. They all seemed to tolerate it well. However, this did trigger some die off in me. About 45min after I took it I started to feel nauseous. I put the girls in front of a movie and took a detox bath and that seemed to help. We will continue to increase the amount of juice and then move on to the actual veggies. Oh, when I opened the first jar K was very excited and asked if she could try some so I gave her a small bite of the veggies and she said, "yummy." Good sign. My dear friend Maureen came over on Friday and we made young coconut kefir. It should be ready but I did not want to introduce two different ferments in one day so we will wait until tomorrow. I have heard and read amazing things about this fermented drink and I am super excited to try it out. My probiotics arrived on Friday, yippee!! However we had company over the weekend so I didn't introduce them. We will start tomorrow with just a small amount. It may be a rough day tomorrow. What we ate today Breakfast~ Hamburger soup cup of broth 2 egg yokes each (H & K only) butternut squash and bone broth (A) Lunch~ Left over chicken broccoli and cauliflower cup of bone broth tea spoon kraut juice Dinner~ Left over pork roast Chicken soup cauliflower carrots I am hoping to add egg yokes for A and I sometime this week and ghee for the other girls. If you would like to read some incredible success stories with GAPS, check this out... http://gapsguide.com/about/gaps-results/

No comments: